HOME  |  
 

   

We want to welcome the new Riverwalk residents to our Homeowners Association!

We look forward to getting to know you.

 

 

 



Minutes -
Riverwalk HOA Board Meeting -
September 11, 2012

The meeting was call to order @ 7:04pm @ the Clubhouse by Marti Cobb, President:

PRESENT: Marti Cobb, Stephanie Tapia, Leroy Johnson, Bill Upton and Judie Sherrer.

One Resident – Loet Farkas

PRESIDENT'S REPORT : Informal Agenda

  • Marti Cobb – We do need to replace the gate at the swimming pool area due to recent vandalism. We have 3 bids 1. DH Pace, 2. Blue Sky Systems (Security Only) and 3. Advance Fencing Solution. Plus, a quote to replace fence, surveillance camera and monitoring system. Bill will get a quote on 1200 lb. steel pool door with a mag lock. A motion was made and approved.
  • ACP – We do want to terminate them for non-performance? Pool is schedule to closed 9/30/20012 by ACP after it is closed we will send them a dismissal letter signed by Marti. A motion was made by Bill and approved by Leroy (based on non-performance).
  • A neighbor suggested putting bushes around the pool area to prevent violators from entering in the pool area illegally. It was determine by the board that this will block the view inside the pool area.
  • Sodding the bare areas with Bermuda grass and installing sprinkle system on W. Phillips Mills after turning off River walk Drive. One bid was provided. We will get a bid from Hydro also. Bill Upton move to table this item and Leroy 2 nd .
  • Retention Ponds – We have 2 bids in currently; Carr Contracting and All About Lawns. The 2009 budget was approved to put in fences only, not for clean-up of ponds. It was suggested to put in the 2013 budget. Bill will get a 3 rd estimate. Timeline to clean out the ponds are December or January.
  • Social Committee – Clubhouse and pool rental agreement will be revised. Discussed before and after cleaning procedures for clubhouse and pool.
  • Uncut lots – Letters will be sent out to bank owned, Riverwalk LLC and Private Lot owners with vacant uncut lots notifying them they have 10 days to comply with our covenants.
  • Do we send out letters monthly to the above reference owners? The treasure indicated initially they are sent out monthly and then on a quarterly basis.
  • Computer for surveillance – Do we want to sell the old one “as is” after it has been replaced? A vote was made to take bids on it and have it open to residence at the December 2012 meeting.
  • Maintenance committee – will be responsible for raising and lowering the flag on honored holidays. A new flag will be ordered. Any inquiries regarding the flag, contact the maintenance committee.
  • Neighborhood Watch – Report any suspicious activity to the sheriff department first, contact team captain and Steve Woods. If you do not know who your team captain; contact Steve Woods.
  • Private Property and Speed Limit Signs – We will get 3 bids on the job.
  • Sending out a newsletter versus having a quarterly meeting – I was voted in December 2010 by homeowners to have a quarterly meeting.
  • Next Quarterly meeting is scheduled for October 3, 2012 at 7pm. The board will meet at 6pm prior to the meeting.

Covenant Report – Bill Upton

  • Work Panel Truck – Nothing in the Covenant that states you cannot have a commercial work truck in your driveway/yard.
  • Cape Cod design is the style of home that can be built in the community other than what's in the original covenants states.

Secretary Report – Judie Sherrer

  • Motion was made by Stephanee Tapia and 2 nd by Leroy Johnson to approve the minutes as stated and waive the reading of them.

Treasure Report – Leroy Johnson

  • Bank of America is selling all 6 of their lots and a bill has been sent to them for clearing the tree off lot on Riverwalk Drive.
  • Breakdown of pool - Recreation area expenses.
  • Current HOA Balance as September 11, 2012 and treasure report was read and distributed.
  • A motion was made by Stephenee and 2 nd by Bill to accept and approved the reading of the treasure report as stated

VICE -PRESIDENT REPORT - Stephenee Tapia:

Amendment 4 – Initial fee on vacant lots. Do we need to have an attorney interpret this amendment? Actually, it seems very clear.

NEW BUSINESS:

Rental of clubhouse and pool is available only to residents of Riverwalk. If their name is signed on the contract, they must present a form of payment with their name on it. The HOA cannot accept 3 rd party checks. It has been the policy for the 15 years.

Quarterly meetings should be informative meetings only to keep residents up to date with current events in the neighborhood.

Annual meeting will be held Monday, December 3, 2012 at 7pm

Meeting Adjourned 8:43pm –Motion made by Bill and second by Leroy.