HOME  |  


We want to welcome the new Riverwalk residents to our Homeowners Association!

We look forward to getting to know you.




Unofficial Minutes -
HOA Board Meeting - December 5, 2011
and December 13, 2011

Unapproved Minutes

RIVERWALK Annual Homeowners Meeting

December 5, 2011

The meeting was called to order at 7:04 by the president, Douglas Brooks

It was noted that there was a quorum. The board agreed to start the meeting with a vote for new board members to replace the outgoing members.

BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Douglas Brooks, Leroy C. Johnson, Loet Farkas, Bill Upton and Judie Sherrer.

Motion was made and passed to accept the agenda.

Secretary, Judie Sherrer read the last annual minutes (dated January 18, 2011). The minutes were accepted as written.


Loet Farkas---The current balance includes year to date surplus. Most of the 2011 assessments were collected, there are currently only a few homeowners in arrears. There was a discussion on how to utilize the surplus: (1) Credit back a portion to homeowners based on homeowners standing with the HOA. (2) Keep the funds in the reserves to be utilized for the community. A motion was made to take a vote on this issue. Motion made and passed to accept Treasurers report and Budget for 2012.


Judie Sherrer---Annual minutes were accepted as read.


Bill Upton--- Illegally parked cars and home violations have been sited and fined for not being in compliance. The covenant compliance report was accepted as read.


Leroy Johnson---The pool opening and operations during the summer was a success. Summer students worked and performed duties as assigned. The clubhouse rental was at an all time high this year. The report was accepted as read.


Douglas Brooks---The empty lots that were cut this summer were deemed as a safety and emergency issue. They were cut only 3 ft back as required for safety. They were cut 3 times this summer at a rate of $25 per lot. The sprinkler system was updated this summer.

Questions proposed during president report.

•  Question- Can a quote be obtained for cutting all empty lots, not just those that pose a safety issue?

Response - This would be trespassing on private property.

•  Question – Can we negotiate for a landscape service to cut all empty lots as far back a 15-20 feet

Response – The current contract specifies that lots deemed as safety issues only, are cut 3 times during the summer. The budget did not allow cutting all empty lots 15 feet back. Again, this will be trespassing on private property.

Bill Upton agreed to contact Code enforcement to see if Douglas County will send notices to landowner/homeowner.

•  Question – Can the unsightly grass in center of entry way be kept trimmed back, and can we get more color at the front entrance.

Response – Grass will be cut. Now that the sprinkler system in the center at the entrance has been updated, we can, and will and more color in the spring of 2012.

•  Question - What should be done with the surplus of funds?

Suggestions were; to credit a percentage of HOA fees back to homeowners based on their status, or keep the funds in reserve for future use for the community. A motion was made and passed to keep the funds in the reserves.

Motion made and passed to accept the president's report.


Diane Wiles --- Three events took place this year: an Easter egg hunt, a summer pool party and Halloween contest. All expenses came under budget for the year. The Social Committee report was accepted as read.


Bill Upton --- No report given.


Clubhouse repairs, air condition maintenance and release valves on the pool.


Gene Gentry election chairperson reported on elections of new board members.

•  Marti Cobb – 46 votes

•  Leroy Johnson – 42 votes

•  Stephenee Tapia – 35 votes

•  Ted Whitaker – 31 votes


Christmas Home Decoration Contest – Doug Brooks will donate $150 for first and second place winners. Judging will be held on December 15, 2011.

Volunteers are needed to help put up Christmas decorations at front entry of Sub-Division and help with any other community involvements.


Respectfully submitted,

Judie Sherrer, Secretary



Meeting called to order 7:30 pm

BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Douglas Brooks, Leroy C. Johnson, Loet Farkas, Bill Upton, Judie Sherrer, Marti Cobb and Stephenee Tapia.


Order of Business – Election of new officers

New Board takes office effective December 13, 2011. Election of new officers:

President – Marti Cobb

Vice President – Stephenee Tapia

Treasurer – Leroy Johnson

Secretary – Judie Sherrer

Covenants Compliance – Bill Upton

Reading of the minutes - Budget for 2012 was passed and accepted.

Previous minutes from December 5, 2011 reflect signatures from all board members to be taken to the bank for signature cards to be signed.

Loet will be working with Leroy during transition period of his new position as Treasurer.

HOA annual fees will be due January 31, 2012 in the amount of $435. Late fees and penalties in the amount of $25 a month will be applied on all unpaid balances. Invoices will go out by January 1, 2012 and due by January 31, 2012. No prepayment discount if dues paid prior to January 31, 2012.

Bank Balance for 2011 will be moved forward to January 2012 to reflect the total balance of December 2011.

Code Compliance, Bill Upton talked to Douglas County Code Enforcement; they are willing to fine landowners for over grown lots. They are willing to send a code enforcement team out to cut lots back 10 – 12 feet back. Timeline on getting this completed is to be determined by the county.

Leroy Johnson made recommendation for new 2012 HOA Directory updating the current residents. Motion was passed and accepted by the board placing Gail Drinkard in charge of the new directory.

The President and Treasurer will work together on all information that will go out regarding billing of HOA for 2012.

Neighborhood Best Christmas decorations will be judged by outside source on December 15 and December 16. Winners will be announced on the HOA website.

In the event the security alarm goes off at the clubhouse, the Douglas County Sheriff will be notified first then President.

Leroy Johnson, Treasurer, and Stephenee Tapia, Vice President will have keys to the post office box.

Next board meeting is scheduled for January 12, 2012.

Meeting Adjourned 8:23 pm Motion passed and accepted.

Respectfully Submitted,

Judie Sherrer, Secretary